- first cycle degree/bachelor’s degree
- second cycle degree/master’s degree
- diploma di laurea/master’s degree awarded within degree courses in force before the university system reform established with Ministerial Decree 509/1999
- any equivalent foreign qualifications achieved at legally recognized institutions
- Know methods and operational aspects of information and industrial engineering basics, and core and related sciences (class L-8 in Ministerial Decree 270/04 and class 9 in Ministerial Decree 509/99 of first cycle degrees in Information Engineering; class L-9 in Ministerial Decree 270/04 and class 10 in Ministerial Decree 509/99 of first cycle degrees in Industrial Engineering);
- Be fluent in the English language, spoken and written. Candidates must have at least a B1 Common European Framework (CEF) level of English. Level can be certified by pass/fail exams passed at Roma Tre or by one of the following certificates, with the level/grade specified or above:
- CAMBRIDGE ENGLISH LANGUAGE ASSESSMENT: Preliminary (PET)
- IELTS (4,5)
- paper based test: 513
- computer based test: 183
- internet based test: 65
- TSE: 30
- TRINITY COLLEGE LONDON: Integrated Skills in English examinations (ISE) Level II (ISE II)
- UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD: Oxford Test of English Level B1
No extra credits are required to graduates in Information and Industrial Engineering classes of first level degrees, as well as to any graduates having the minimum requirements stated in Ministerial Decrees 4 August 2000 and 16 March 2007, nr. 157 for Information and Industrial classes of first level degrees.
In order to fulfill the educational goals planned by the Biomedical Engineering master’s degree course educational path, graduates in the above-mentioned classes possibly lacking the above mentioned skills are obliged to follow a personal study plan.
First cycle graduates in classes other than Information or Industrial Engineering may be asked to acquire specific skills upon individual evaluation based on the academic curriculum and/or an interview. Candidates lacking English B1 level certification at the date of application,must obtain it before registering for any class exam.
The degree course regulations (Regolamento Didattico), available on the Department of Engineering website, specify any details on curricular requirements. It is important to read carefully such regulations before applying. The same regulations state the curricular requirements needed by candidates transferring from other Italian universities (trasferimento), transferring from other Roma Tre degree courses (passaggio) or asking the shortening of the degree programme through the recognition of previous degrees (abbreviazione di carriera).
Who can apply
- Graduates with one of the above mentioned degrees
- Undergraduates enrolled in a first cycle degree course at Roma Tre or other university who expect to graduate within March 2016.
Roma Tre University
Roma Tre University (Italian: Università degli Studi Roma Tre) is an Italian public research university located in Rome, Italy, with its main campus situated in the Ostiense quarter. Founded in 1992 by the Ministry of Public Education, under the request of several professors of the Sapienza University of Rome, it was the third public university to be established in the metropolitan area of Rome.
The university comprises 8 schools and 32 departments, enrolling 35,338 students and having 1,370 academic and professional staff. At present, the university offers 54 undergraduate degree programs, 75 master's degree programs, 16 doctoral schools and five PhD programs. It is the second-largest university of Rome by enrollment and one of the largest research-based institutions in the country.
Roma Tre University is ranked: 570 out of 20.300 universities in the World Rank of the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities; 392 out of 11.000 universities in the World Web Ranking of 4ICU - International Colleges & Universities; 858 out of 3.042 universities in the Global Ranking of the SCImago Institutions Rankings; 698 out of 2.500 universities in the World Ranking of the University Ranking by Academic Performance.